Naturopathic Cancer Treatment
Drs. James, Martin, and Sweet are board certified naturopathic oncologists and strive to create healing opportunities for patients at all stages of the cancer journey. Our recommendations regarding natural measures for use with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation treatment are grounded in the most up-to-date research and standards of care. We advise patients on the safe use of herbs and nutritional supplements that have been shown to support the immune system, minimize side effects of conventional treatment, and synergize with those treatments to make them more effective. Once treatment is completed, our doctors can help you determine the best dietary and lifestyle changes to make to strengthen your immune system and decrease risk factors for cancer recurrence.
Supportive Integrated Medicine during active treatment:
- Personalized plans of care
- Recommendations to enhance each phase of cancer treatment and decrease side effects, using natural compounds, nutrition and lifestyle interventions
- Acupuncture to decrease nausea, fatigue, anxiety and other symptoms
Restorative Integrated Medicine post active treatment:
- Counseling on reducing risks for cancer recurrence
- Reestablishing health through lifestyle, nutrition, and natural medicines
- Management and support of chronic illness with natural medicines
- Proactive survivorship program
- Supportive care in light of mastectomy, lymphedema, and chronic pain
As Fellows of the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology, Drs. James, Martin, and Sweet know that women with breast cancer are looking for answers. Treatments today are gaining ground in the fight against breast cancer, and many natural therapies look promising as well. Drs. James, Martin, and Sweet provide a balanced viewpoint about which of these natural therapies can combine with conventional treatment to support the breast cancer patient on her cancer journey. Through supplement streamlining, nutritional and botanical recommendations, and lifestyle counseling, Their expertise can help you feel better through treatment and beyond.